Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Hello fellow literati of the blogging world!  I stumbled upon several quotes this afternoon that I thought may be of interest to you.  Given my current bout of writer's block, I'm quite intrigued by the auspicious nature of the findings...

“That is part of the beauty of all literature. You discover that your longings are universal longings, that you're not lonely and isolated from anyone. You belong.” 
 F. Scott Fitzgerald

And if that isn't enough,

“What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it. That doesn't happen much, though.” 
 J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

Then, even after I was inspired again,

“Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become.”
― C.S. Lewis


So, beyond just the realm of authorship, if any of you who are feeling a lack of drive, artistic or not, I sincerely hope the afore-provided passages offer some rekindling or, at the very least, a spark of fire that once burned!

Best,
Chad

No comments:

Post a Comment